A revised solicitation for Opportunities for Promoting Understanding through Synthesis (OPUS) was recently released by the NSF’s Division of Environmental Biology (DEB). The solicitation (NSF 22-591) is targeted to individuals, typically at later-career stages, who have contributed significant insights to a field or body of research over time. The program provides an opportunity to revisit and synthesize that prior research into a unique, integrated product(s) useful to the scientific community, now and in the future.
The three major changes to the solicitation include:
- Proposals may now be submitted at any time.
- Budget details have been clarified.
- The Personnel List Spreadsheet is no longer required.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the following Program Officers:
- Leslie J. Rissler, telephone: (703) 292-4628, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carla D’Antonio, telephone: (703) 292-4947, email: email@example.com
- Shannon Fehlberg, telephone: (703) 292-8784, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Blood, telephone: (703) 292-4349, email: email@example.com